Manor House Adult Day Program
The Manor House Adult Day Program is a day respite program funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Individuals with a diagnosis of Alzheimers Disease or a related dementia are eligible to attend. Located in the beautiful Manor House, the program is designed to provide a safe comfortable atmosphere for clients to spend the day, while providing caregivers and family a day of respite.
What is the day program?
- An inviting comfortable place for clients to spend the day
- An opportunity to socialize, participate in recreational and leisure activities, enjoy a movie or listen to music, or bake your favorite cookies
- A safe environment, with a program of activities structured to meet the needs of individuals with memory impairment
Who is eligible to attend the program?
Individuals with Alzheimer Disease or a related dementia, who reside in Thunder Bay or the surrounding area
What are the hours of operation?
Flexible hours are available for individuals who require our service until 5:00 pm. The Day Program is closed on Statutory Holidays
What is the cost of the program?
$22.00 CAD/ Day - includes a noon meal, snacks and covers the cost of craft projects. (Subject to review)
Is Transportation Provided?
A staff member is available for door to door accompaniment. This is a joint service provided by HAGI Transit and the Day Program. Fee $4.40 CAD/ trip ($8.80 CAD return). Clients may be transported by family or other means.
What additional services do we offer?
- Support and Counseling
- Caregiver support meetings
- Assistance to access other support services In-home assessments
- Equipment loan cupboard
- Group support meetings
- Strategies for home management
- Minor health monitoring
What are the program goals?
- To improve the daily living experience of individuals with memory loss
- To provide caregivers and/or family members respite and support
- To support individuals, so they may be cared for in their own home
- An opportunity for a day of respite for caregivers and family members
How do I register for the program?
All referrals are coordinated through CCAC (Community Care Access Centre) of Thunder Bay.