Public Education Program for Mental Health & Mental Illness
'with an OPEN mind' is a public education program about mental health & mental illness in Thunder Bay and region. The program aims to reduce the myths and misconceptions surrounding mental illness through the shaping of public attitudes, so that people with mental health problems have an improved sense of acceptance, purpose, and freedom in their communities. Click here to visit our program website.
The 'with an OPEN mind' program is designed to
- Increase the awareness and knowledge of mental illness and treatment options;
- Improve public attitudes about those who have or have had mental illness and their families;
- Generate action to eliminate discrimination and prejudice against people with a mental illness.
- Community Leaders - Mayor/City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Media, Service Clubs, etc.
- Youth - Schools, Scouts/Guides, Sports Arenas, etc.
- Health and Social Service Professionals - Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Health Care Employees, etc.
- Justice System - Police, Emergency Response, Court, Correctional Services
- General Public